Please be aware that we use a visitor management system known as SafeVisitor. SafeVisitor is a 30-45 second check-in process that cross references against all national sex offender registries and prints a visitor badge. Please be prepared to scan a government issued ID (Driver License) when arriving to campus as a visitor or volunteer. The printed badge should be visible at all times while in the building. Background checks are still required. Click here for more information, or to submit a background check.
8:50 a.m. Doors open for Elementary students
9:00 a.m. Elementary School Begins; parents must come into the school and sign their child in after 9:00 a.m.
9:05 a.m. Doors open for Preschool students; drop students off in the car line and your teacher will escort your child to their classroom
9:15 a.m. Preschool Begins; parents must come into the school and sign their child in after 9:15 a.m.
11:45 a.m. Half day Preschool Dismissal; Parents who arrive past 11:45 must go to the cafeteria to pick up students
2:00 p.m. Any calls for Kindergarten dismissal changes MUST be made by 2:00 p.m.
2:30 p.m. Kindergarten Dismissal; car line takes place behind the school at Door 7
3:00 p.m. Any calls for dismissal changes MUST be made by 3:00 p.m.
3:30 p.m. Elementary School Dismissal; car line takes place at the front of the school
3:40 p.m. Preschool Dismissal; car line takes place at the front of the school
4:00 p.m. School Office Closes
1) Reporting Student Absence
It is the parents’ responsibility to report students’ absences or late arrivals to the school office. Calls to report a student’s absence may be left on the school voice mail any time between 4:00p.m. of the preceding day and 8:00 a.m. of the day of the absence. Parents are encouraged to avoid the rush between 8:00a.m. and 9:00a.m. If you know your child will be absent for a definite number of days, this can be reported on the first day. As a safeguard, the School Connects software will typically send notification via telephone if a student is absent without a reason being logged into our schools’ absence reporting system by 10:00 a.m. on school days. The School Connects call-back service offered by the school corporation is not intended to be a fail-proof procedure for accounting for all students. The corporation makes no promise or guarantee of notification to you if your child is absent from school.
2) Prearranged Absences
Every effort should be made to schedule vacations and trips at times other than school days. If this is unavoidable, the parent must notify the school to prearrange absences at least two (2) school days prior to the absence. If the school does not receive notification at least 2 days prior to the absence, the absence may be considered unexcused. If the student has more than eight (8) days absence a year including the vacation days, any days over the eight (8) days absence limit will be considered unexcused. In the event that a child is going to be absent, the parent/guardian should notify the school office by filling out and returning a Prearranged Absence Form (below) to the school secretary/registrar. This needs to be done at least 2 days before the planned absence. Prearranged absences are strongly discouraged, particularly during times of standardized testing.
3) Habitual Truancy
Drop Off & Pick Up Procedures
1. K-Gr. 4 students should be dropped off in the front of the school on the circular drive between 8:50 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. Please stay to the right side of the access road. Students arriving before the 8:50 a.m. bell should remain in their vehicles.
2. Preschool students should be dropped off in the front of the school on the circular drive between 9:05 a.m. and 9:15 a.m. Please stay to the left side of the access road. Your teacher will escort your student inside.
3. Preschool parents picking up at 11:45 a.m. dismissal should come inside the building to pick up your child. There is no car line at 11:45 a.m.
4. Kindergarten parents should picking up at 2:30 p.m. should use the back of the building at DOOR #7 and remain in your cars.
5. K-Gr. 4 students should be picked up using the access road from Eagle Church to reach the front of the school on the circular drive beginning at 3:30 p.m. Please stay to the right side of the access road.
6. Preschool students should be picked up using the access road from Eagle Church to reach the front of the school on the circular drive beginning at 3:40 p.m. Please stay to the left side of the access road. If you miss the dismissal window, your child will be take to BAC and an Occasional Care fee will be assessed.
Elementary Families: Please place the provided 8.5" x 11" paper with your child's name on it in your front passenger window when picking your child up to help our dismissal process run smoothly. If you need another copy, please contact the office.
Please note that in order to visit your child during lunch, you MUST have a background check on file. You can submit an online application here.