Please be aware that we use a visitor management system known as SafeVisitor. SafeVisitor is a 30-45 second check-in process that cross references against all national sex offender registries and prints a visitor badge. Please be prepared to scan a government issued ID (Driver License) when arriving to campus as a visitor or volunteer. The printed badge should be visible at all times while in the building. Background checks are still required. Click here for more information, or to submit a background check.
7:50 am Doors open for Elementary students
8:00 am Elementary School Begins; parents must come into the school and sign their child in after 9:00 a.m.
8:05 am Doors open for Preschool students; drop students off in the car line and your teacher will escort your child to their classroom
8:15 am Preschool Begins; parents must come into the school and sign their child in after 8:15 am
10:45 am Half day Preschool Dismissal
2:00 pm Any calls for dismissal changes MUST be made by 2:00 pm
2:30 pm Dismissal (Grades K-4)
2:40 pm Preschool Dismissal; car line takes place at the front of the school
3:30 pm School Office Closes
1) Reporting Student Absence
It is the parents’ responsibility to report students’ absences or late arrivals to the school office. Calls to report a student’s absence may be left on the school voice mail any time between 3:00 pm of the preceding day and 7:00 am of the day of the absence. Parents are encouraged to avoid the rush between 7:00 am and 8:00 am. If you know your child will be absent for a definite number of days, this can be reported on the first day. As a safeguard, the School Connects software will typically send notification via telephone if a student is absent without a reason being logged into our schools’ absence reporting system. The School Connects call-back service offered by the school corporation is not intended to be a fail-proof procedure for accounting for all students. The corporation makes no promise or guarantee of notification to you if your child is absent from school.
2) Prearranged Absences
Every effort should be made to schedule vacations and trips at times other than school days. If this is unavoidable, the parent must notify the school at least two (2) school days prior to the absence. If the school does not receive notification at least 2 days prior to the absence, the absence may be considered unexcused. If the student has more than eight (8) days absence a year including the vacation days, any days over the eight (8) days absence limit will be considered unexcused. In the event that a child is going to be absent, the parent/guardian should notify the school office by filling out and returning a Prearranged Absence Form (see above) to the school secretary. This needs to be done at least 2 days before the planned absence. Prearranged absences are strongly discouraged, particularly during times of standardized testing.
3) Habitual Truancy
Buses provide an excellent transportation option which results in efficiency for arrival and dismissal on our school campus. However, families always have the option to bring their children in cars, or they may walk or bike with their child to the building during fair weather days. We will have crossing guards available unless weather is inclement.
1) All car arrivals should enter the Boone Meadow campus via Eagle Church entrance/access road.
2) When approaching BME lot at end of access road, Kindergarten-4th grade vehicles should form line in right lane. Signage will designate lanes.
3) Preschool lane forms on the left.
4) Wait for staff to motion you forward to begin drop off process.
5) 1st-4th grade drop off begins at 7:50; Preschool drop off begins at 8:05; Kindergarten drop off begins at 8:50.
6) All drop offs should occur at curb, unless a situation necessitates otherwise. Additional foot traffic at crosswalk delays arrival.
7) Students must exit on curb side of vehicle.
1) Please enter campus via Eagle Church access road as noted in arrival procedures above.
2) Form lines (K-4th in right lane, and Preschool on left lane)
3) Display name of student in front window (rear view mirror area) to assist with flow of students.
4) Wait for staff to motion you forward.
Please note that in order to visit your child during lunch, you MUST sign in at the front office
with your driver's license (or other government issued ID).